Friday, August 12, 2011

Trials

Today started at 3am, a 4 year old by my bedside holding his little head and screaming. He climbed into bed and squealed, whined, and moaned for another 4 more hours until the rest of the household woke to start their day.

Then the central air stopped, my girls started to fight, Judah threw up twice on my sheets...up and down the stairs I ran. If life was just a series of good and bad moments with no rhyme or reason as to why we are here and what's life all about...I would have been full of rage.

Instead I made my challah dough, handed my fighting giRls a swifter duster, started another load of laundry and stayed focus that everything was a perfectly tapered test for Jess designed by G-d.

It's 3ish now and I'm still in survival mode. My shabbas meals are mostly made, challah done, and Judah is oN the mend.

When I see the world as a series of Tests, it makes passing that much bearable. It's amazing how perspective comes at the funniest of moments....knee deep in 4 yr old vomit, covered in challah dough, and sweating.

Shabbat Shalom. Knowing that Shabbas is coming gives me a huge sense of relief. What did I do before Shabbat?

1 comment:

  1. hope judah is feeling better. it always seems like shabbos just sneaks up on us on friday afternoon, even if we have the whole day to prepare. i admire your patience and determination.

    ReplyDelete