Friday, July 22, 2011

Cause it's toooo darn HOT

Englewood,NJ time:5ish
Temperature: oppressively hot!

Every great achievement in life, be it a tremendous feet or a small award, comes from the very sweat of your brow. I have never heard, in the history of success, from a rockstar to a major league player say, "Getting to this awesome pinnacle in my career was a snap. It really took very little effort and I never jumped a hurdle to get where I am.".

Which leads me to a very HOT hurdle worthwhile in jumping today, baking challah when thermometer reads 102. Making the dough was a chore but turning on the oven was inviting an inferno into my kitchen...I felt like I was blowing glass.

Yet, the challah is made, I am covered in sweat, and the house smells of Shabbat. Embrace the hurdles...they make success that much sweeter.

Shabbat Shalom

1 comment:

  1. hope you're staying cool. it doesn't feel as hot out this week. how about for you?

    ReplyDelete