Friday, March 30, 2012

perfection in the seemingly unperfect

There's no such thing as a perfect day; a perfect challah.  As crazy over driven human beings, we are always seeking the company of perfection.  That moment to savor in life when every piece fits in place. Case in point today.  Everything has been heading in a perfectly pleasant direction.  A day which the  sun is shining, I'm able to fit in a shower, the laundry is all folded and nothing lurks in the bottomless basket, the challah dough was easy to form and didn't make a huge mess, and lastly I was able to put on makeup and blow dry my hair straight, is nearing perfection.  This sense of ease lead to dread in one split silly second....my iPhone died!   I mourned my loss for all of 30 minutes.  (your free to roll your eyes, I'm disgusted with me as I even write the insanity down) My mind raced to how to fix the damn contraption with no single easy opening.  Where did Steve Jobs put the freaking battery?  I need a masters and a degree from Oxford to pop open this device, which I later find out from a quick phone call to the MAC store that No unofficial MAC employee should "ever, ever, ever" open the back of the phone.  According to the techie "it's bad, don't do it".    Heeding all the warnings, I have given into the unperfection today and every day can suddenly offer.  We, me, can simply get lost in the minutiae.  The big picture is right around the corner.  Life is an masterpiece.  Try going to the MOMA and stand 1" away from a Van Gogh. (ok don't do this because security is tight, you'll be tooo damn close to a painting worth more than your kidney in the black market). Back to my point, in order to see the masterful work of life or in this drawn out metaphor one has to keep stepping back far enough to see it as a whole.   So the iPhones a loss.  I'm excommunicated from the world till Monday.  I'm going to take 90 steps backwards and find the perfect view again.  It's there, we all just need to see the whole picture....not just a few brush strokes. Tip the scale to the tov....Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment