Friday, April 20, 2012

Walking a middle path...

I recently heard an inspiring speech from Rabbi Yitzhak Lurre.  He emphasized the importance of walking the middle road.  Such a simple concept, yet so hard to achieve.   It's so typical to be guided by words of wisdom as "aim high", "know no limits"; yet never has anyone encouraged me to find the middle.  I've walked in every path thus far, yet the middle has alluded me.  It something I've never strived for.   It's a powerful path.  A balanced journey.  I've only known highs and avoided lows at all costs.  The highs were astounding...reaching peeks in fashion, media, life; things the  average person might never see.  My motto was the "sky is truly and perhaps the only limits".   Years and years ago a very intoxicated and high ex-boyfriend had an epiphany when we were reunited in a friends house party.  I love people that are ridiculously high because they truly believe that their every thought is astounding.  He said, "Jess, I finally figured out why we broke up.  I struggled with it for a long time and it comes down to I live life as it comes and you are absolute fire and passion, always striving for more and pushing the people around you to be more.  I couldn't catch up to you.".  This Middle path, a balance between the earthy and the heavenly, the high and the low, is where I now strive to journey.  I'm going to let someone else chase rainbows for awhile.   I'm happy stuck here in the middle with my family.  Not complacent, not passionless, not quiet, not at a loss for words or chutzpah...just a more harmonious path....this might be tough for me and require sedation. Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment